Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Once a month when I mail off our monthly payment on our leather furniture I wonder if it was worth it to purchase said furniture O.A.C.

Then we have days like yesterday. Isabella reached my glass of Ice Tea (aka the stickiest drink around), and poured in on the sofa before I caught her. Then she ate a cookie sitting like a good calm girl. Upon finishing the cookie with sufficient goop all over her hands and face she then decided to steam roll her way off the couch leaving a trail.

And then her tummy must have disagreed with the lasagna she ate because the Mount St. Helen's eruption that came from her diaper and up to my shoulders and down the side of the couch left quite the mess to clean up.

But each time I just grabbed my trusty rag and dish soap and wiped it down a few times. No stain removers, no making sure to dab instead of rub. None of the fuss of material.

And that's when I know it's worth it.

2 comments:

the Haazens :) said...

Or you could just have old crappy furniture like us and then rub or dab, cause you don't really care anyways! Leather is only in my wildest dreams!!!

Jen said...

I love leather too. Our couches are pretty easily clean and I am so grateful. A neccesity with little ones around.