Wednesday, March 22, 2006



The Cake.

For Belle's first birthday I wanted to continue in the family tradition of 3-D cakes. Everyone who ate this cake was very impressed with it. It's true that it does have 3 dimensions and you can tell it's a bear.

It took a lot more work than I thought it would, and in my quest to do everything EXACTLY as the directions said to, I underfilled the pan a bit. Hence the droppyness. He kind of had to lean in a bit due to the empty spot right under his heavy head.

Belle loved the cake, especially the chocolate icing. So I think we can consider it a hit!

5 comments:

the Haazens :) said...

After all that work, I wouldn't have been able to cut it up! What a very beautiful job you did (droopiness and all!)

Jen said...

Great cake Amanda!

Tara said...

great cake amanda!!!! happy belated birthday Belle

wandi said...

Happy birhtday Belle!

kelle said...

Happy belated birthday Belle! Good job on the cake Amanda! Looks very delicious!