Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Best Picture Day Ever!
On March 25 Isabella and I went to Sears for her one year photos. She woke up having a good day and I knew this had to be it, we must leave the house RIGHT NOW and hope for good pics. Our last trip was in November with Abby and Jen Dalsin, and it didn't go so smoothly. I now fear being peed on every time we venture to Sears.
We dressed her in a beautiful outfit that she will also wear to Nick's grad. It's a bit big now, but it was still cute. We went walk-in and were lucky enough to get a time only 45 minutes away. So we went to the food court for lunch. We shared a plate of Chinese food and watched kids play on the indoor carousel. Both of which Belle found very intriquing.
We've had this photographer many times and she gets the best smiles from Belle. She popped her head out of the room to say they were about 10 minutes behind and Belle immediately recognized her. She started beaming.
That beaming did not stop. The photographer had some great poses and props picked out and in seriously ten minutes we had 9 picture perfect poses of her. Three backgrounds, some of her standing, some lying, some sitting, and we even got the coveted NAKED picture done.
Now, at Sears I am very frugal with my photo money. I much prefer the candid shots for my scrapbook to the posed and so it takes a lot for me to spend more than my $7.99 coupon. But today was such a day. I am not joking. I spent a whopping $200.00, (giving up my April scrapbooking day in St. Albert), and I cannot wait for the pics.
Part of the expense was that I got a high resolution CD of the session with a copyright waiver. Meaning I can print as many of the photos as I want anywhere I want and it's legal. I'm so excited for what I will do with those for my scrapbook!
The pictures will be picked up on April 11 and I will post all the poses for you to see. Then I'll mail out the pics and if you don't get one, it's not because I don't like you, it's because I didn't know you wanted one! But now I can print pics until the cows come home, so let me know and I'll send you one. Or if I send you a pose and you'd like another, I can do that.
I love good picture days.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have yet to take Hunter to Sears. I'm kicking myself for not having done it already, oh well. I would love to get a picture e-mailed to me??? Will you?
~Elizabeth

the Haazens :) said...

OHHH! Can't wait to see these awesome Belle pictures=) It is always a HUGE load off when picture day actually turns out for the better! YAY...glad it was a good one! T=)

Isabella said...

Ofcourse I can email you one Elizabeth! If you do decide to take Hunter on a regular basis, I would promote the smile savers package. It's $70 I think and you get a lot of photos the first time, then you're on the list for coupons and you get a card where you do not have to pay the $15 sitting fee for TWO YEARS.

Jen said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you this time. Last time was ... well ... on the verge of being disasterous. :)

And yes, I'm sure you know that I want a picture of Belle. :)

Jen said...

I also wanted to add that I LOVE the pic of Belle asleep in the carseat. What cute little heart shaped lips.

Marla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marla said...

she is one cute munchkin, that's for sure! i don't know how many people we've told about her super cute shoulder shrugging! of course, if you can spare, we would love an updated pic of belle too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda

I am glad this picture day turned out better then the last. I am sure they are all going to be so cute. I can't wait to see the pictures of belle she is so cute.

Tiffany Black