Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Four Months Old.

By the month of July Isabella was on her way to beoming a big girl. She gained a lot of weight and at her four month immunizations weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 14oz. She had gained a whole pound in a month, which I now know is not much at that age, but for us it was a great relief. We could no longer count her ribs when we changed her diaper and her happy nature was now uncontrollable glee. This picture was a lame attempt for my scrapbook. We tried to go to the grocery store to get it at a time I thought would be dead, apparently there is no such thing in Northwest Calgary as a slow grocery store. During the month of July we did a lot of fun things. We went to the Stampede for Belle and Nick's first time, we took a trip to Ontario. We started reading books and Belle became addicted to tv. I know, she's so young, but she is her daddy's girl.
Another great thing about July was Belle's smiles. She had begun to do them in June, but they got so animated in July. We could see them a lot more often as she was not using her soother as much anymore. I just love her smile. You can see so much hope and so many big dreams when she smiles. She wakes up every morning with a smile which is my greatest joy and my greatest personal challenge, as I'm sure I don't wake up many days with a smile.
In July we took our first family trip to Ontario, which we flew. Before our flight took off we let Isabella sort of roll around the seating area so she could get all her wiggles out. While she was laying on the floor she did that face where you put your fingers in the corners of your mouth and pull your lips wide and stick out your tongue. We were baffled, we never make that face at all. What a goof. She did great on her first trip on an airplane. She took a long nap on my tray table, (when it wasn't in the upright and locked position), she watched tv on our personal screen, (yeah West Jet), and she enjoyed watching the clouds. Both of our flights were full of kids and I'm happy to say Isabella was not one of the loud, wiggly, whiny ones who made all the business men squirm.
Once we arrived in Ontario I think Belle started to grow in leaps and bounds. She started holding her own bottle. I didn't even know babies were capable of doing that at her age, but one day she just got tired of how I tilted it I guess and so she took over. We just let her go with it too, I like having my hands free. Who would know that by the time we left Ontario she would be holding her own bottle and beginning the journey of solid foods. They grow up so fast.

No comments: