Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rolling Journeys

Isabella is a great teaser. This picture was taken on September 11, 2005. She was rocking back and forth, getting up on her side, doing a great job. I was convinced she was going to roll over at any moment. Nope. She didn't roll over for another 4 days. I didn't want to miss any milestones so I took this picture, and many more just like it to make sure I got her first rolling over. When she did roll over, it was Nick who snapped the pics. We moved all the furniture to give her plenty of space and we sat there, waiting on the edge of the couch. And she did it. I nearly cried. We were so excited, I don't think we would have been more excited if she had hit the winning homer in the World Series.

The day that she did finally roll over was quite the work out for her. She started off rocking side to side, then got almost over and took a break. She just had to stop and suck her thumb a little bit, for what I'm not sure, maybe some extra encouragement? Then she got all the way over and announced her triumph by pushing her self up and looking at the world from a new vantage point.

No comments: